Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing #23!

I'm still working on a few bits of the other Things, but they're pretty small, and I can answer these questions!

1) My favorite discoveries were the sheer number of tools and how they all work together, but mainly the Rollyo seach engine and then how to use an RSS feeder.

2) I think I have received a boost in my technological and learning abilities, since I didn't know much about almost all of the Web 2.0 tools. And I guess I still don't, really! But I've liked what I've tried. With more practice, I can post my own videos to TeacherTube and share with all the teachers and librarians out there!

3) My main unexpected takeaways were just how many things out there a teacher can use, and how many things are already set up to help us (like TeacherTube). It's exciting to see educators being so actively involved in new technological developments.

4) I think the concept is good, and I think the format is good...some of the sites/videos don't work, but most of them are flagged or have a note by them at least to that effect. Otherwise, it was very easy to use.

5) I would like to be told about any new programs coming up.

6) 23 Things taught me a million great ways to become a better teacher!

Thanks!!

2 comments:

  1. be sure you post "something" about Thing 21 before the deadline!

    hope you will continue t oshare your adventures thru this blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure got a lot done on August 5th!! Sounds like you've enjoyed the "journey" and learned a lot. I'm anxious to see what you come up with for your podcast on Thing #21. There are some great ones out there and I've seen several players create some impressive ones of their own. Don't stop now!

    ReplyDelete