Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing #13

I have heard of Delicious before (after it took me a while to figure out what "del.icio.us" is!), and I'd also heard of metatags before, but I didn't know there were so many tagging sites out there! Sometimes I see websites with a lot of little icons in the corner, and now I understand what many of them are!

I can see how tagging, along with other resources such as RSS feeders, create an almost separate, "living" version of communication on the internet. The difference between a Google search and reading a tagged Tweet on an RSS reader is a big one! It helps focus the range of a topic when I'm seeking information, too. My students are (probably!) too young for me to use this with them, but I can definitely see where parents could this resource in school/classroom discussions. I could share information with them and/or they could do the same amongst themselves in a pretty streamlined format.

No comments:

Post a Comment