Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing #9

Locating additional feeds for my RSS reader was a little bit more difficult than I expected. The Google blogsearch turned up some sites related to my school district, but some of the other feed searches were harder to narrow down. When I searched Topix, for instance, for "3rd grade," the first two matched articles were on Neal Boortz and the coach of the Denver Broncos. Admittedly, it did have an article on a school play in the third spot.

I think the hard-to-use aspect of the readers is also the exciting thing about the internet...and internet 2.0: the wealth of information. Searching for 3rd grade turned up articles on Neal Boortz being elected into the Radio Hall of Fame! It may not have been useful, but it sure is interesting. You don't even have to master these tools; just using them brings the world to my lap(top)!

No comments:

Post a Comment