Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing #19

I did not have to look far down the list to find my winner: #1 in collaborative writing and word processing, Google Docs! It really is amazing what you can do online, and even for free, which so recently was limited to what you had on the computer. I remember my parents working on an old computer with Windows 3.1 and the first versions of Word; now, I can co-write a paper or make a spreadsheet with friends in real-time, online, with just a few clicks.

It goes anywhere you do with an internet connection, and obviously has many useful academic purposes. For students old enough, it allows them a fast and easy and FREE way to write papers or work on group projects. For me, it is a useful way to stay on the same page with my coworkers and even friends on a variety of projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment